High Quality Masonry Chimney Repairs By Certified Experts!
CSIA Certified Chimney Technicians Here To Get Your Chimney Back To Working Conditions.
Certifications & Associations
Our Masonry Specialties Include
- Tuck Pointing – Although mortar is extremely durable, weather damage and time can cause mortar to break apart and compromise the structural integrity of the chimney and fireplace. When mortar is deteriorating, Magic Broom can replace it with new mortar – this process is called tuck pointing. At Magic Broom, we always mix to match up with the look of your existing mortar and we never produce sloppy work.
- Chimney Crown Rebuilding – A chimney crown is a cover of concrete or mortar located at the top of the chimney. It basically provides a water-tight and air-tight seal, and is designed to encourage rainwater to move away from the chimney structure. If a chimney crown is deteriorating or was improperly installed, the chimney will most likely suffer from water damage. The crown of the chimney is one of its only defenses against water – don’t leave its condition to luck!
- Smoke Chamber Parge Coating – The smoke chamber is the area of the chimney system located directly above the damper and below the flue. The main purpose of the smoke chamber is to funnel smoke up into the chimney flue and out of the home. Because it is such an important part of the chimney’s function, it is vital that it be parged smooth as needed. Parging involves applying a specialized product and then smoothing it over the smoke chamber so that it is conducive to air flow. If a smoke chamber has holes, gaps, creosote problems, moisture problems, or is made of improper thickness, it presents a serious fire hazard.
- Chimney Rebuilding – Sometimes water damage or improper installation requires a complete chimney rebuild. At Magic Broom, we have qualified, skilled masons with hundreds of chimney rebuilds on their resumes.
- Firebox Rebuilds – The firebox is the part of the fireplace that actually hosts the fire. Over time, the condition of the firebox can seriously decline as a result of heat and/or water damage. If you are noticing decay within your firebox, or if you know that it was constructed of anything other than firebrick, you may need to seriously consider a firebox rebuild.
Organized and professional service. I would recommend Magic Broom to anyone in need of chimney repairs.
William was responsive and answered my questions well. He took the time to explain to me what is wrong with my gas fireplace and made appropriate recommendations.
My first experience with Magic Broom and a chimney sweep company. From my first call to the dispatch, all personnel were friendly and smart. Adam was my technician and he gets 10 stars–wouldn’t give up trying to solve the problem…from the attic to the basement and roof, he exceeded expectations. He knew more about my furnace than the furnace repair experts.! Thank you Magic Broom. made an on-spot referral to my neighbor to have Adam check out his fireplace.
About Magic Broom
Magic Broom is a family-owned and -operated, comprehensive chimney care provider located in Waldorf and Lexington Park, Maryland. We are members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), The National Fireplace Institute (NFI), The Institute for Research in Construction (IRC), and the CSIA’s Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician (CDET) division. We are also the only sweep company in Southern Maryland that can boast a staff consisting of two Master Hearth technicians.
Whatever your chimney, fireplace or dryer vent needs, call Magic Broom today! We guarantee you’ll be satisfied!