In 2000, the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) addressed inconsistencies, corner-cutting, and ambiguity within the field of chimney inspections by instituting code NFPA 211. This code describes in detail what each individual level of inspection should include and when each level is necessary. A professional chimney sweep will be able to determine the level of the inspection your system requires based on your particular situation and concerns.
- Since 1978, Magic Broom Chimney Sweeps has been bringing comprehensive and quality chimney inspections to residents of Southern Maryland. Detailed and thorough chimney inspections are needed to understand and detect any potential problems that might be associated with the structure and function of your chimney system. A chimney inspection from Magic Broom Chimney Sweeps includes certified technician work from the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), reduced mess after each inspection with the use of H.E.P.A. filter vacuums & Drop Cloth, photos from the job that apply to the results at hand, internal video scan of the flue lining system, and a speedy emailing system of all reports, estimates, and invoices directly to the customer.
- Level 2 Inspections are recommended in conjunction with any changes in fuel type, flue type, flue size, or flue shape. They are also recommended after chimney fires, severe weather, earthquakes, problems with functionality, or during the transfer of property ownership. These inspections include a visual inspection of accessible areas and a video scan of the interior parts of the system. Level 2 Inspections do not involve any demolition or part removal.
- Level 3 Inspections are typically only conducted when a Level 2 Inspection suggests a problem that cannot otherwise be addressed. Level 3 Inspections can be destructive and invasive, as parts may need to be removed in order to locate the source of the problem or properly evaluate the extent of damage within the system.
- The transfer of real estate
- Damage evaluation after a storm or an earthquake
- Damage evaluation after a chimney fire or an appliance malfunction
- A change in appliance type
- Annual maintenance
Whatever your system needs, Magic Broom can help! We know fireplaces, stoves, and chimneys better than anyone and specialize in cleaning and maintaining them. Our experience and equipment make the job quick and thorough, without making a mess of your home. Call us today to discuss which level of inspection is right for you!