Virtual House Calls
Why would you want to book an appointment a virtual house call?
- There is something suspicious/funky about my chimney or fireplace.
- I have general questions I would like to ask a technician.
- You are handy and need someone to walk you through it.
- It’s a new appliance (or new to you) and you need an orientation.
- You want to save money (roughly $150 less than a typical service call)
- You do not want people in your home.
How Does a Virtual Service call work?
- First you will begin by filling out the request form at the bottom of the page. If you don’t have your appliance make and model available at this time, it’s ok, we can get that during the service appointment.
- Once you have filled out the virtual service request form, you will get an invoice requesting payment that you can do online. This will usually come by the next business day after request. The cost for this service is $89.
- Your invoice will also include detailed instructions on how to access your virtual service call, along with your meeting link.
- For best results you should have a mobile device with the Google Meet app preinstalled on your device. For android devices click here. For apple devices click here. This can be a cell phone or tablet. If wish to use your computer, you will need to use Google Chrome Browser.
- Once your invoice has been paid our team will call or email you to set up a mutual time to meet. Appointments are available between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Appointments are limited to 30 minutes.
- On the day of the appointment, make sure to test your meeting link at least 5 minutes before your appointment time. Due to security reasons you will have to be allowed into the meeting room for your appointment. There will be a virtual waiting room for you to be in.
- You will speak with a CSIA and/or NFI Certified Technician who will be able to answer your questions. We will do our best to provide you with the tools to be successful during your appointment.
- Please make sure you have at least a flashlight handy, and if possible a basic set of tools if needed.
- If you have a Gas appliance. Make sure there is gas in your propane tank. If you don’t have gas, we are not going to be much help
- If you have a pellet stove, make sure you have at least a quarter bag of pellet fuel handy prior to your appointment. If you don’t have this, we are not going to be able to help much.