Cleaning And Servicing Your Gas Fireplaces, Gas Stoves, Gas Inserts And Gas Logs
Gas appliances are enjoyed for their convenience, cleanliness, efficiency, and ease of use – but they do still require regular professional maintenance for safety reasons. Typically, soot and smoke are not big issues with gas appliances, so it can be easy to forget that your gas appliance needs annual servicing and cleaning. That’s why we’ve created a list to help you know when it’s time to give us a call and show your gas fireplace, stove, insert or logs some love.
Some key things to look for:
- Buildup of soot on belongings near the firebox (for example: the fireplace mantel, picture frames, and nearby furniture)
- Any unusual odors emanating from the appliance
- White, brown, or black glass/inability to view fire
- Large pops or explosions when lighting the burner
- The Burner is slow to light (if it takes 5 seconds or more when on)
- The pilot will not light
Of course, if you have never had your unit serviced, that is also a good indication that it’s time to contact Magic Broom! Most service calls that we receive during the fall and winter months are due to improper maintenance and/or neglect. To preserve the lifespan of your gas appliance, be sure to schedule annual maintenance and a full service cleaning at the end of every burn season.
At Magic Broom, our certified technicians specialize in maintaining, servicing, and repairing vented and vent-free gas logs, fireplaces, stoves and inserts. Because we service so many gas appliances, we typically keep our trucks and warehouse stocked with replacement parts. During our busy season (fall and winter) it may be more difficult to obtain parts, so don’t wait until then to schedule your service or you may be without an appliance when it really counts!
Is Lighting Your Pilot Causing You Unnecessary Frustration?
You’re not alone. Here at Magic Broom Chimney Sweeps, we get a lot of calls and questions about how to properly light a pilot. That’s why we’ve put this video from Fmi Products here. This helpful video will take you through the step-by-step process, so that you can get back to enjoying your appliance.
Want to know more? Click here to read our blog post dedicated to getting the fires burning!
What To Expect When Magic Broom Is On The Job
At Magic Broom, we understand the complexities of heating systems and always put your family’s safety first. That’s why we conduct a thorough 29-point inspection and cleaning, including the following:
- Glass cleaning
- Sanding and painting of the firebox
- Inspection and cleaning of the blower
- Removal, cleaning, inspection, and painting of the burner
- Seal inspection
- Wiring and terminals inspection
- Remote operation check and battery replacement (if available)
- Vacuuming (we guarantee a no-mess job, every time!)
- Removal and cleaning of logs
- Removal and replacement (if necessary) of embers
- Overall operation check
- Leak check and pressure check
- Clean pilot and check voltage and assembly
- Check for carbon monoxide
- Check combustible clearances
- Service overview
We will then check the appliance for safe and efficient operation to ensure that everything is working properly when we leave your home.
Our technicians have extensive service experience with the following brand names:
- Fireplace Xtrordinar
- And more!
Ensure the safety, efficiency, and beauty of your gas appliance – call the experts at Magic Broom today! All of our technicians are extensively trained, certified, and bonded and insured, so you know you can trust our work!